The Southport School is dedicated to creating 一个环境 for intelligent and creative students in 2nd-8th grade with language-based learning differences or disabilities, like dyslexia, and attention difficulties. The school recognizes each student’s individual strengths and untapped potential. We promote independent thinking, develops self-esteem and self-advocacy, and supports a successful transition for continued academic achievement.
How We Help Each Individual Learn with Learning Differences
Our students who struggle with language-based learning disabilities and attention difficulties are just like students you would find in any classroom, 在任何学校, but when they come to TSS, 他们觉得自己 属于. They have a wide variety of interests, 人才, 和能力, 哪一个, 通常, have been untapped or underappreciated because getting through "the work" of school took so much effort.
In our co-educational elementary and middle school 项目, students can safely take risks and are championed by an expert faculty that is student-focused and uses research and evidence-based approaches. Our whole-child approach reawakens students’ love of learning, 弹性, and sense of possibilities.
Educating Students 网络棋牌十大排行 Language-Based Learning Disabilities
Student fit is the most important aspect of the enrollment process, and we are dedicated to educating students with language-based learning disabilities, 包括阅读障碍, 书写困难, 计算障碍, auditory processing disorder, reading comprehension issues, 写作技巧. Our students can also present with ADHD 结合 with a language-based learning disability or with academic deficits in areas of reading, 写作, 拼写, 和数学. Many of our students also benefit from a curriculum that includes developing their executive functions. For additional information, please also reference our school 大学宣传册.
While we recognize that every student is unique, most TSS students present with some combination of the following characteristics:
Our Program Supports:
- Average to above average intellectual abilities
- 明亮的, 动机, and want to succeed—but the conventional classroom environment is 不 working for them
- Diagnosed with one or more of language-based learning disabilities such as:
- Auditory processing delay or disorders
- Language and reading comprehension struggles
- These such five language-based learning differences in combination with ADHD/attention issues
- Struggles with executive functioning
- Currently enrolled in 2nd-8th grade
- No significant social or emotional needs
- Need the supportive structure of a small classroom
- Would benefit from daily tutorials using research-based, multisensory techniques such as the Orton-Gillingham approach and Lindamood Bell’s Visualizing and Verbalizing® method.
Our Program Is Not Designed To Support:
While we believe that every student would benefit from our program, our teachers are experts in approaches specific to language-based learning disabilities and ADHD; therefore, our program is 不 designed to support the needs of students who are identified with:
- Nonverbal learning disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Pervasive developmental disorder
- Social (Pragmatic) Communication Disorder
The Southport School is NOT Lindamood-Bell Learning 过程es, nor is it affiliated with, 认证, 支持, 许可, 监控, or sponsored by Lindamood-Bell, Nanci贝尔, 菲利斯Lindamood, 或者帕特·林达伍德. Lindamood-Bell—an international organization creating and implementing unique instructional methods and 项目 for quality intervention to advance language and literacy skills—in no way endorses or monitors the services provided by The Southport School.